Operational Manager (m/f/d) Elite Department
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our state of the art Elite facility in Rheinberg, we are looking for an Elite Manager (m/f/d).
Our Elite department is responsible for building up motherplant stock and for ensuring that only pathogen-free material is being utilized as “starting material” for our global production sites. As Elite Manager (m/f/d) you will be head of the Quarantine- and Library-Phase of all Dümmen Orange genetics. In a new-built facility together with a team of 25 permanent employees you will make sure that the starting point of our Supply Chain is healthy and clean by providing an excellent product to our production sites.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership to the Elite team (Quarantine- and Library Phase) and create and maintain a stable organization and reliable processes,
• Deliver QUOTIF (quality on time in full) fulfilment of products in the most efficient manner,
• Connect Elite facility and team with other Dümmen Orange operations,
• Standardize and further structure the Elite facility operation,
• Organize a long term planning for the Library- and Q-phase to determine the amount of necessary resources, work force, raw material and the estimated costs for the yearly budget,
• Responsible for planning and monitoring of all operational costs of our Elite facility.
• BSc or MSc degree in Production and/or Supply Chain Management – ideally acquired within the specialist field of Agriculture/Horticulture; alternatively advanced Grower’s degree (e. g. German Meister or Techniker education),
• Minimum of 5 years of proven work experience in a similar job, preferably in Horticulture,
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written,
• Good command of the German language, both verbal and written,
• Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration,
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel,
• Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
There will be an extensive period of overlap with our current Elite manager to ensure a smooth and comprehensive on-boarding process. After being settled in this job there will be an opportunity to add extra responsibilities to this role.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job.
If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Brian Wismans (Regional Director Production Europe & Middle East), via +31 657 084 106.