Global Product Manager (m/f/d) Pot Plants
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Pot Plants division in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Global Product Manager (m/f/d).
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Global Product Manager (m/f/d) you will be the primary contact in the product category ‘pot plants’. Your focus will be on ensuring product category success and messaging throughout the company internally and with the sales and customer network externally. At this, you will act entrepreneurial in developing right products and identifying market opportunities while maximizing profit margins within the product group.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute crop strategy, which includes directing the breeding activities,
• Develop and maintain the trial and commercial assortment, and positioning of varieties,
• Organize and evaluate variety trials and manage Plant Breeder Rights (PBR),
• Chair the interdisciplinary product team consisting of Breeding, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product Management,
• Support commercial organization via training, a collateral development and delivery,
• Maintain good market knowledge and insight.
• Excellent knowledge of the relevant market,
• Familiar with statistical analysis,
• Cultural knowledge of the product line,
• Organizational skills for managing integrity of database trials & products,
• Good interpersonal skills for team building and account relations,
• Strong presentation skills for public speaking in varied settings,
• Several years of proven work experience in a similar job, preferably in horticulture,
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written,
• Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-cultural collaboration,
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel,
• Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations,
• Able to manage a sustained business travel requirement up to 50%.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job.
If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Thomas Bousart (Managing Director, IPT Lead Pot Plants), via +49 172 7515402.