Breeding Intern (m/f/d)
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Breeding Intern (m/f/d).
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We are looking for students (m/f/d) interested in doing an internship within our R&D team at Dümmen Orange to support our breeding activities. Your tasks will range from protocol development for phenotyping, pollination of crossing plants and monitoring of pollination success, up to the involvement in projects. You will take part in a dynamic team of breeding professionals, where proactivity, dedication and conciseness are valued. The minimum internship period is 2-3 months during the following periods: July-September 2019, September-December 2019 and/or January-March 2020.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Protocol development for phenotyping,
• Pollination/seed harvest,
• Monitoring and control of pollination success,
• Assistance in breeding project work.
• BSc or MSc student (m/f/d) in plant sciences/horticulture or in a related field,
• Good command of English language, both verbal and written,
• Proficient user skills in MS Office, particularly in Excel,
• Enthusiasm for floriculture and breeding activities, proactive and well-structured approach, enjoys working in a (cross cultural) team.
We offer a paid internship with in-depth insights and participation in our R&D working environment, in which innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. In general, Dümmen Orange organization has an informal and easily accessible way of working in which cooperation and personal development of employees are very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites.
Click on the button below to apply for this job.