HEAD GROWER (m/f) ELITE & QUARANTINE
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, bulbs, succulents, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. The company employs over 7,000 people worldwide. Its annual turnover is approximately € 260 m. Based at our company site in Rheinberg, Germany, we are currently searching for a
HEAD GROWER (m/f) Elite and Quarantine
This role belongs to our Elite and Quarantine department, which is responsible for building up of motherplant stocks and for ensuring that only pathogen-free plant material is being utilized as “starting material” for our corporate production locations.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position you will assume grower’s responsibility for the full range of Dümmen Orange assortment within our Elite and Quarantine department and you will directly report to our Elite Manager. At this, you will take care for the implementation of good horticultural practice, specifically in the following areas:
- Irrigation and fertigation for our hydroponic Elite motherplants cultivation
- Evaluation of water analyses and calculation of fertilizer main solutions
- Climate management and handling of climate computer
- Pest and disease scouting
- Planning and implementation of plant protection and disinfection measures
- Arrangement of crop maintenance activities together with our Elite and Quarantine Team Leaders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in horticulture, ideally with focus on ornamental plants (alternatively German Meister or Techniker education)
- Ideally several years of professional job experience in a similar floriculture business setting
- Knowledge in motherplant cultivation or in cultivation within hydroponic systems would be an asset
- Fluency in German (both written and oral), preferably with good English knowledge
- Sound user skills in MS Office
- Willingness to take over weekend services in regular rotation with other team members
- Enthusiasm for horticulture business, proactive and goal-oriented approach with high level of commitment, team player mindset.
We would like to receive your application documents – including motivation letter and resume – via HR@dummenorange.com.