ASSISTANT (m/f) Team Lead Quarantine
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, bulbs, succulents, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. The company employs over 7,000 people worldwide. Its annual turnover is approximately EUR 260 million. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain.
Based at our company site in Rheinberg, Germany, we are currently searching for an
Assistant (m/f) Team Lead Quarantine
This role belongs to our quarantine greenhouse department, which is responsible for ensuring that only pathogen-free plant material is being utilized as “starting material” for our corporate production locations.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the ‘Team Lead Quarantine’ in the accomplishment of daily quarantine activities, i. e. disease testing, harvesting, administration and preparation of materials for export
- Supports the ‘Team Leader Quarantine’ in coordinating and guiding the greenhouse team members in daily work and monitors the related processes and results
- Takes an active part in greenhouse-related task fulfillment and assumes a forewoman/-man function in doing so
- Contributes to the identification of process-related improvement requirements and to the implementation of improvement plans
- Replaces the ‘Team Lead Quarantine’ during absence times
- Formal education/training in agriculture rsp. horticulture, ideally with focus on ornamental plants
- Previous relevant professional experience within floriculture sector would be an asset
- Fluency in German (both written and oral), preferably with good English knowledge
- Sound user skills in MS Office
- Willingness to take over weekend services in regular rotation with other team members
- Enthusiasm for horticulture business, proactive and goal-oriented approach with high level of commitment, team player mindset
We would like to receive your application documents – including motivation letter and resume – via HR@dummenorange.com.