Research Assistant (m/f)
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Cell Biology & Tissue Culture department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Research Assistant (m/f).
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Research Assistant (m/f) you will actively participate in Cell Biology projects within our Technology Development domain and its active growth within R&D. The position offers project-learning,-handling,-reporting and a part of establishing the state-of-the-art cell biology technologies applied to a wide variety of ornamental crops in a competitive and dynamic environment. The reporting line is directed to the Laboratory Manager.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Efficient and timely execution of project activities, detailed data recording, data analysis and data presentations,
• Timely communication of all project activities to all involved stakeholders,
• Assistance with protocol writing and project reporting,
• Provision of guidance to project trainees and lab workers,
• Provision of support to the Laboratory Manager with project planning, organization and management of cell biology projects.
• MSc or PhD degree in Life Sciences, preferably in Cell Biology and Tissue Culture,
• Minimum of two years of proven work experience (Academic or Corporate sector) –preferably related to Cell Biology and Tissue Culture topics,
• Good command of English, both verbal and written; knowing Dutch language is a plus,
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel,
• Analytical mindset, multitasking capacities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration,
• Drive for improvements and motivated by dynamic organizational surrounds.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
The Research Assistant (m/f) position at Dümmen Orange offers a competitive pay scale and strong opportunities to grow with the growth of R&D.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Pankaj Dhonukshe (Laboratory Manager), via +49 1522 1843 106.