Grower (m/f) Elite & Quarantine
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Elite & Quarantine department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Grower (m/f).
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Our Elite & Quarantine department is responsible for building up of mother plant stock and for ensuring that only pathogen-free material is being utilized as “starting material” for our corporate production locations. As Grower (m/f) within our Elite & Quarantine department you will execute various tasks in plant cultivation and report directly to our Head Grower.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will take care of various cultivation tasks, especially in following fields:
• Measuring of EC, pH and drain volumes
• Climate management and handling of climate computer
• Preparation and execution of plant protection activities
• Pest and disease scouting
• Preparation of fertilizer main solutions
• Young plants propagation
• Assistance with various other horticultural tasks (e.g. potting, harvesting).
• Completed vocational training as grower (m/f)
• Ideally several years of professional job experience in a similar floriculture business setting
• Knowledge in mother plant cultivation or in cultivation within hydroponic systems would be an asset
• Fluency in German (both written and oral), preferably with good English knowledge
• Sound user skills in MS Office
• Willingness to take over weekend services in regular rotation with other team members
• Enthusiasm for horticulture business, proactive and goal-oriented approach with high level of commitment, team player mindset.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Benjamin Göpferich (Location Manager Rheinberg) via +49 2843 9299 238.