Assistant (m/f) Laboratory Manager
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Cell Biology department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for an Assistant (m/f) Laboratory Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Assistant (m/f) Laboratory Manager you will actively participate in shaping the cell biology and in-vitro technology application domain and the growth of Laboratory within R&D. The position offers learning, handling and managing of state-of-the-art cell biology- and in-vitro technology applications to a wide variety of ornamental crops in a competitive and dynamic environment. The reporting line is directed to the Laboratory Manager.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Efficient planning, organization, timely execution, data recording and communication of technology application activities
• Providing guidance and leadership to a sub-team of approx. 6 members
• Supporting the Laboratory Manager with planning, organization, communication and management of cell biology- and in-vitro technology applications
• Deploying various cell-biology- and in-vitro techniques and procedures including meristem culturing, embryo rescue, in-vitro initiation, maintenance and propagation
• Regular updating and maintenance of “in-vitro Inventory”
• Ordering of laboratory materials from various suppliers and delivery of laboratory products to international production locations with shipment registrations
• Detailed documentation of performed activities and analysis of outcomes
• Preparing phytohormone solutions and media production
• Initiation of diagnostic testing by preparing and sending samples to diagnostic laboratory and recording and maintenance of test results received from the diagnostic laboratory
• Timely updating and maintenance of laboratory safety regulations and regular updating and maintenance of laboratory chemical and material inventories
• Organizing maintenance and repair of lab instruments.
• BSc., MSc., or PhD degree in Life Sciences with proven experience in cell-biology and/or in-vitro techniques
• Proven experience in team leading
• Previous professional experience within floriculture sector will be an asset
• Fluency in English both written and oral, preferably with German/Dutch knowledge
• Proficient user skills in MS Office, particularly in Excel
• Excellent communication skills, team player and people leader facilitating cross-functional collaboration
• Drive for improvements and flexible to accommodate new technologies
• Enthusiasm for horticulture business, high level of accuracy, proactive and self-motivated approach, multitasking capabilities in dynamic and growing environment.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Pankaj Dhonukshe (Laboratory Manager) via +49 1522 1843 106.